Our Internship Program
The Bowie BIC Intern performs entry-level professional work to support the administrative and marketing functions of the Bowie Business Innovation Center (Bowie BIC), the entrepreneurship and business acceleration program located at the College of Business at Bowie State University since 2012.
The professional work of the Bowie BIC Intern will gradually increase in difficulty and responsibility as the intern gains experience in operations, marketing, and special projects. The Intern hired for this position will need a strong interest in entrepreneurship. This position is open to business and entrepreneurship students and students in all majors who express a genuine interest supporting business growth and development.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Demonstrated initiative and conscientiousness
- Customer service skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Organizational and time management skills
- Creativity, versatility and flexibility
- Familiarity using social media (i.e., LinkedIn Facebook and Twitter)
- Assist with daily administrative duties (i.e. answering phones, copying, filing, running errands, etc.)
- Support meeting planning and logistics for entrepreneurship activities including exhibitions
- Assist in strategic planning to increase the pipeline of local businesses to join Bowie BIC
- Help create and manage new digital content for Bowie BIC
- Build and update databases for target markets (i.e., location and or revenue based, 8a certified, etc.)
- Create and update media lists
For more information about Bowie Bic internships, please contact Crystal Clark at email@example.com
Amber Brooks is a graduating senior majoring in business administration with a marketing concentration. She has secured a summer internship with Kellogg specializing in sales and marketing. Upon graduation, Amber plans to get her MBA and continue her passion for traveling while pursuing her entrepreneurial dreams.