Bowie BIC 2018 Spring Internship Program
Bowie State University Students
The Bowie BIC Intern performs entry-level professional work to support the administrative and marketing functions of the Bowie Business Innovation Center (Bowie BIC), the entrepreneurship and business acceleration program located at the College of Business at Bowie State University since 2012. (www.bowiebic.com)
The professional work of the Bowie BIC Intern will gradually increase in difficulty and responsibility as the intern gains experience in operations, marketing, and special projects. The Intern hired for this position will need a strong interest in entrepreneurship. This position is open to business and entrepreneurship students and students in all majors who express a genuine interest supporting business growth and development.
No Walk-Ins • No phone calls, please.
- Demonstrated initiative: customer service skills
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Organizational and time management skills
- Creativity and flexibility
- Familiarity using social media (i.e., LinkedIn Facebook and Twitter)
- Assist with daily administrative duties (i.e. answering phones, copying, filing, running errands, etc.)
- Support meeting planning and logistics for entrepreneurship activities including exhibitions
- Assist in strategic planning to increase the pipeline of local businesses to join Bowie BIC
- Help create and manage new digital content for Bowie BIC
- Build and update databases for target markets (i.e., location and or revenue based, 8a certified, etc.)
- Create and update media lists
The Intern position will begin shortly after the spring semester begins. Interns will work up to 16 hours per week and will be paid $12/hour as an employee of Bowie BIC.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
Email your cover letter, resume and a 2-page writing sample on any subject to Crystal.Clark@BowieBIC.com. Please add “2018 Spring Internship” in the subject line of the email.
No Walk-Ins • No phone calls