Two in one workshop:
The beginning of will consist of:
- A brief “Introduction and DCAA Overview”.
- An overview of the Defense Contract Audit Agency and its responsibilities and duties.
- The type of DCAA audits that can be performed
- The DCAA Internet resources and presentations that are available.
The second part will consist of:
- Accounting System requirements
- An overview of the pre-award accounting system design review process.
- What occurs prior to the award of a cost-type contract, what is contained in the SF 1408, and what the applicable DFARS regulations say with regard to what comprises an acceptable accounting system.
- Total contract costs, including direct costs and indirect costs will be discussed.
- Examples of typically seen indirect rates will be provided and selecting a proper allocation base.
- FAR Part 31 clauses that cover allow allocability, and reasonableness aw well as concepts.
- Finally, some common deficiencies will be discussed.
Ms. Kobus is the Small Business Program Manager and is a DCAA Headquarters in Fort Belvoir, Virginia. In this capacity, she serves as the program manager and audit expert for the small business program with responsibility to provide assistance, consultation and internal control with regard to audit requirements and their application to small business.
To register & for more information